Ceylon cinnamon, also known as “true cinnamon,” comes from the inner bark of a small tree native to Sri Lanka. It has a sweeter, more delicate flavor compared to cassia cinnamon.
Here are some popular culinary uses of Ceylon cinnamon:
- Topping: Commonly used as a topping for cereal, oatmeal and in smoothies.
- Baked goods: A popular spice in baked goods, including cakes, cookies, and pastries.
- Beverages: Add to tea, coffee, or hot chocolate for added flavor
- Desserts: Flavor desserts like rice pudding, custards, and fruit compotes.
- Savory dishes: Ceylon cinnamon can be used to add a warm, sweet flavor to savory dishes like stews, curries, and soups.
Overall, Ceylon cinnamon is a versatile spice that adds a warm, sweet flavor to a variety of dishes. Its delicate flavor makes it particularly well-suited for use in in it’s raw form
Product of SRI LANKA
Larger quantities available. Please Contact us for pricing.