TROYER’S SPICES GINGERBREAD COOKIESCourse: Baking, Dessert, SnackDifficulty: Medium
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, Gingerbread 9 Spice, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat together the softened butter and sugars until light and fluffy. This usually takes about 2-3 minutes. Then beat in the egg, molasses and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients mixture to the wet mixture, mixing until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide the dough in half, using flour or butter on your hands to keep it from sticking. Shape each half into a disk, wrap them in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour or until the dough is firm.
- Roll and cut: On a lightly floured surface, roll out chilled dough to about 1/4″ thickness. Use your festive cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Dip or lay each cookie in to the sanding sugar, face down. Press down very gently to get the sugar to stick. Flip the cookie and sugar the back. Transfer to your prepared baking sheet, leaving about 1″ between cookies.
- Bake in preheated oven for 8-12 minutes or until the edges start to brown. Keep a close eye on them as baking times can vary based on cookie size and oven performance.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cookies are completely cool, let your creativity shine by decorating them with icing, sprinkles, or other decorations.
- Now, you have delicious homemade Gingerbread cookies infused with the warm flavors of our Gingerbread 9 Spice! Enjoy your holiday baking!!