Caraway seeds are small, crescent-shaped seeds that have a pungent, earthy flavor with a hint of anise. They are commonly used in Central and Eastern European cuisines, and are also a popular ingredient in Indian and Middle Eastern dishes.
Some of the popular uses of Caraway seeds include:
- Rye bread: A traditional ingredient in rye bread, giving it a distinct flavor and aroma.
- Sauerkraut: Often added to sauerkraut, a popular German dish made from fermented cabbage. They add a unique flavor that complements the tangy and sour taste of the cabbage.
- Stews and soups: A great addition to hearty stews and soups, like goulash or cabbage soup. They add a depth of flavor that complements the other ingredients in the dish.
- Roasted vegetables: Can be used to season roasted vegetables, like carrots, potatoes, or Brussels sprouts. They add a warm and earthy flavor that complements the sweetness of the vegetables.
- Cheese: Sometimes used to flavor cheese, like Havarti or Tilsit. They add a unique flavor that complements the creamy and tangy taste of the cheese.
Larger quantities available. Please Contact us for pricing.
Product of CANADA