Popular uses for Cajun seasoning:
- Blackened fish or chicken: Often used to create the famous blackened fish or chicken dish. The spice blend is rubbed onto the fish or chicken before being seared in a hot skillet. This creates a crispy crust on the outside and a juicy and flavorful interior.
- Jambalaya: A key ingredient in jambalaya, a traditional Cajun rice dish that includes meat, vegetables, and spices. The spice blend adds a depth of flavor and a little bit of heat to the dish.
- Gumbo: Commonly used in gumbo, a thick stew that includes meat, vegetables, and a roux. The spice blend adds a complex flavor that complements the other ingredients in the dish.
- Roasted vegetables: Season roasted vegetables, like sweet potatoes, carrots, or cauliflower. It adds a smoky and slightly spicy flavor that enhances the natural sweetness of the vegetables.
- Grilled meats: A great seasoning for grilled meats, like steak or pork chops. It adds a depth of flavor that complements the natural taste of the meat.
- Spicy Dips and Sauces: Incorporate Cajun 8 Spice into dips and sauces for a fiery twist. Whether blended into salsa, mixed with mayo, or stirred into a spicy aioli, it brings a bold and flavorful kick to your condiments.
Ingredients: Onion, pepper, paprika, cumin, garlic, thyme, oregano, cayenne
Larger quantities available. Please Contact us for pricing.