Here are some common uses for Lemongrass:
- Infusions and Teas: Brew dried lemongrass in hot water for a refreshing and aromatic tea.
- Cooking: Add dried lemongrass to soups, curries, stir-fries, and marinades for a tangy and citrusy flavor.
- Herbal Blends: Combine with other herbs and spices to create flavorful rubs, seasonings, or spice blends.
- Baking: Incorporate dried lemongrass into cookies, cakes, or bread for a unique twist.
- Potpourri and Aromatherapy: Use in potpourri mixtures or as an ingredient in homemade sachets or scented candles for a fresh and uplifting aroma.
- Digestive Health: Lemongrass has been traditionally used to support healthy digestion, reduce bloating, and relieve stomach discomfort.
- Antioxidant Properties: It contains compounds like citral, which exhibit strong antioxidant activity, helping to protect cells from oxidative damage.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: Lemongrass has anti-inflammatory properties that may help reduce inflammation in the body and support overall health.
- Calming and Stress Relief: The aroma of lemongrass is known to have a calming effect, promoting relaxation and reducing stress.
- Immune System Support: Lemongrass is rich in vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C, which can help boost the immune system and support overall well-being.
- Detoxification: It has diuretic properties that can aid in flushing out toxins from the body and supporting kidney health.
Product of SRI LANKA