Coriander seeds are the dried seeds of the coriander plant, which is native to regions spanning from southern Europe to southwestern Asia. These small, light brown seeds have a sweet, citrusy flavor that is often described as a mix of lemon and sage. Here are some popular culinary uses of coriander seeds:
- Spice blends: Coriander seeds are a key ingredient in many spice blends, such as garam masala and curry powder. They add a warm, slightly sweet flavor that pairs well with other spices like cumin and turmeric.
- Sauces and marinades: The seeds can be ground and added to sauces and marinades to add depth of flavor. They pair well with ingredients like garlic, ginger, and citrus.
- Baking: Use them in baking recipes, such as breads and pastries, to add a unique flavor. They pair especially well with citrus flavors.
- Pickling: Coriander seeds are often used in pickling brines, as they add a spicy, slightly sweet flavor that complements the acidity of the vinegar.
- Meat rubs: Coriander seeds can be used in dry rubs for meats like chicken, pork, and beef. They add a subtle sweetness and a warm, slightly spicy flavor.
- Health benefits: A good source of dietary fiber, and may have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Overall, coriander seeds are a versatile ingredient that can add flavor and depth to a variety of dishes, from spicy curries to sweet baked goods.
Larger quantities available. Please Contact us for pricing.
Product of CANADA