Ancho chili powder is a spice made from dried poblano chili peppers that have been ground into a fine powder. It is commonly used in Mexican cuisine and has a rich, smoky flavor with mild to medium heat.
Here are some common uses of ancho chili powder:
- Flavoring: Used to add a rich, smoky flavor to a variety of dishes, including sauces, soups, stews, and marinades. It is also used to flavor rubs for meat, poultry, and fish.
- Coloring: Often used to add a deep, reddish-brown color to dishes, making it a popular ingredient in Mexican mole sauces.
- Heat: While Ancho chili powder is not as spicy as some other chili powders, it does provide a mild to medium level of heat, which can be adjusted to taste.
- Vegan cooking: A popular ingredient in vegan cooking, as it can be used to add depth and complexity to plant-based dishes without using meat-based ingredients.
- Health benefits: Like other chili powders, Ancho chili powder is believed to have a number of health benefits, including reducing inflammation, boosting metabolism, and improving digestion.
When using ancho chili powder in cooking, it is important to start with a small amount and adjust to taste, as it can be quite potent. It is also important to store it in an airtight container in a cool, dry place to prevent moisture from affecting the quality of the powder.
Product of CANADA
Larger quantities available. Please Contact us for pricing.